Looking to Shop with bitcoin. This is a post with an exhaustive list of websites, services, and retailers which accept bitcoins. We will be constantly updating this list so you can bookmark this.Before you jump to the list read a small not on growing bitcoin ecosystem.
Bitcoin is the fastest growing cryptocurrency. After many false starts. Dream of a truly decentralized virtual currency not controlled by governments appears to be coming true. Bitcoin as of today has a valuation of about 100 billion and grew to this valuation faster than Amazon, Apple, Gooogle or Facebook. As the value of Bitcoin grows so is the acceptability of Bitcoin as a payment method at various retailers, websites, and service. As a result, Shopping with Bitcoin is becoming a reality.
With growing valuation Bitcoin is not only attracting more investors or users who want to own bitcoins as an asset class. There is a growing class of retailers who are eager to accept bitcoins. So from the days when Laszlo Hanceyz convinced Dominos to sell him 2 Pizzas for 10000 Bitcoins. We have come quite far. In fact, the day is not far when we can buy 10000 Pizzas with 2 Bitcoins.
Here is a snapshot of the original Pizza thread.
You can read the whole thread here
Accepting Bitcoins or any cryptocurrency has quite a few advantages for Retailers and online websites. I discuss this later in the post but first, let’s jump to a list of places where you can today buy real goods and services with bitcoins
- 1 List of Retailers, Services, websites accepting Bitcoins
- 2 Advantages for retailers in dealing with bitcoins
- 3 Challenges for Retailers and services in accepting bitcoins
- 4 Future of Bitcoin:
List of Retailers, Services, websites accepting Bitcoins
Restaurants, Pubs and Eating Joints:
1. Subway is an international chain of eating joint.
2. The Pink Cow is a Japanese Restaurant & Bar.
3. Helen’s Pizza is a family restaurant and pizza joint in the USA.
4. Pembury Tavern is a British Pub.
Online Retailers and Services:
1. Overstock.com is an American internet retailer.
2. Alza is a Russian online retailer.
3. TigerDirect is an online retailer of electronics and gadgets.
4. Whole Foods is an organic food store.
5. Gyft is an online gift card platform catering to numerous brands.
6. OkCupid is an American online dating and social networking website.
7. Mint.com is a web-based financial management service website for the U.S and Canada.
8. Rakuten : A top Japanese e-commerce player.
Travel & Spacecraft Agencies:
1. Cheapair.com is an American online travel agency.
2. Expedia.com is an American travel company.
3. Bitcoin.travel. is a travel website.
4. Virgin Galactic is a spaceflight company.
Cloud Service and Hosting Websites:
1. Namecheap is a hosting website along with the services of domain names.
2. Mega.co.nz is cloud storage and file hosting service.
3. Lumfile is a free cloud-based file server.
Content Broadcasting and Discussion Forums:
1. Reddit is an American website of discussion forum and web content rating.
2. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia website.
3. The Internet Archive is an American non-profit digital library.
4. WordPress.com is a website creation tool that offers an authentic platform to the bloggers for posting their content.
Search and Download Websites:
1.The Pirate Bay is a search and downloading website for magnet links and torrent files
1. Steam is a game and media related online platform.
2. Zynga is an American video game developer.
1. Dell is a multinational computer technology company.
2. 4chan.org is an English Language imageboard website.
3. EZTV is a TV-torrent distribution group.
The new entries in the list will be updated timely for the reference purposes.
Advantages for retailers in dealing with bitcoins
- Bitcoins enables micropayments to be made so if you are charging small amounts for your services you can get payments in Bitcoin. Bitcoin Protocol allows splitting Bitcoin to 8 decimal payments hence really small payments can be made with bitcoins. So if you are looking to charge users for reading a post or give access to a pdf file you can charge small amounts and get paid in bitcoins.
- Bitcoins can also lower transaction costs associated with payments
- Easier, faster and more economical International payments
- No Chargebacks
- Better Fraud prevention mechanisms
Challenges for Retailers and services in accepting bitcoins
- Government Crackdowns can force the merchants not to accept bitcoins
- Fluctuating Valuations can be problematic for smaller merchants
- Technical issues in the new system can impact the bitcoin economy.
Future of Bitcoin:
To state something with conviction about the bullish or bearish trend of the Bitcoin is little too early as the destiny of this novel currency is a leap in the dark (uncertain). Multiple factors like governmental actions, market response, security systems etc are in the play that may set its course:
- Bitcoin if adopted as a legal tender along with its limited production (21 million) in any given situation will bring about a stream of appreciation in its value. So will encourage the technological advancement in the arena of currency. (Currency Reform)
- Bitcoin, if get hit by the adversity of odds like rising transaction costs, governmental regulations, space constraints, cyber frauds etc may bring catastrophic results like the crash of Bitcoin market.