So Finally you decided to invest in Dogecoin(DOGE) but not sure of the wallet to keep your Dogecoin safe ? Worry not, you have come to the correct post, here will look at the best Dogecoin/DOGE wallets that you can try to store your Dogecoin. Here is the list of best Dogecoin wallets
Dogecoin has established the fact that ‘Wonders will never cease’ and has unanimously joined the league of top rated crypto-currencies. Find out the wallet options to keep your Dogecoins safe and secure.
The available types of wallet to store the Dogecoins extends to five type of wallets i.e desktop wallet, mobile wallet, web/online wallet, paper wallet and Hardware wallet.
- Dogecoin Core
- Holy Transaction
- Cryptonator Online Wallet
- KeepKey: KeepKey is a hardware wallet that supports the various types of digital currencies. Items in the list of currency include Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, Litecoin, Dash etc. The wallet is wonderfully designed that projects a sophisticated OLED display. Secured by the Pin/Password for the device, Keepkey ensure the protection of the private key.
- Trezor T:
- Ledger Blue:
- Ledger Nano S: Ledger Nano S is a compact electronic device to provide a safe custody to the private keys of your crypto coins. It is compatible with the Windows, Linux and Mac hence can be brought to function by plugging it into the system via USB. It has an OLED display that projects the sensitive content, keeping it away from the reach of the cyber-criminals that could possibly obtain an unauthorized access to your web, mobile, and desktop.The experts have always recommended the use of hardware wallets to keep the crypto-currency, and Ledger Nano S is one prominent choice for it.
List of places that authenticate the Dogecoin:
- A tipping coin in the Social Media: Dogecoin is commonly regarded as a tipping currency for rewarding the good content over the internet. Twitter and Reddit are among the prevalent communities.
- Buying of Goods and Services: The Dogecoin is widely accepted as a valid currency in a number of places offering distinctive goods and services. A list is enclosed for your reference :
AllGamerFoods and Drinks:
Pitfalls for Dogecoins:
Low cost: The network of Dogecoin may seemingly be growing but not its value. It currently stands for 0.00000022 against a Bitcoin. Reviewing it from an investment point, it is a daunting fact that may not promote the investment by the serious investors and bubble of temporary fan following may burst at any given point in time.
At this point, we will like to take a chance to post a bit of history for Dogecoin.
A bit of history
‘Expect the Unexpected’ should be the tagline for the ‘Celebrity Guest’ of this post (Dogecoin). Can you figure out the reasons for it? Well, I am sure, you must have concluded a few in your mind already! Allow me to present my version to the above context in this post.
Where the phenomenon of crypto-currency has added many thrills in the currency notion, the entry of Dogecoin into the list of leading crypto-currencies has left the masses absolutely spellbound, because unlike other crypto-currencies, it has certainly not been based on the preconceived notion of emerging as an internet currency.
For instance, Bitcoin was invented with a motive to run decentralized currency regime, Ethereum was designed to favor the community of millions of software developers in place of a few privileged firms, whereas the evolution of Dogecoin happened to be by chance after gaining the immense popularity that created its own network of millions of users. The Dogecoin has emerged as a Dark Horse in the race of crypto-currencies.
Let’s pursue further to dig into all the facts of Dogecoin:
What is a Dogecoin?
Dogecoin, as the name suggests, is a crypto-currency inspired by the famous meme called ‘Doge’ devised from a Japanese breed of dog namely Shiba Inu. It is symbolized as Doge or Ð. It is majorly based on Litecoin with a few changes in its structure.
Doge’ stole the people’s attention and became a hilarious sensation in a flash. Eventually, Billy Markus based in Portland, Oregon pondered over and utilized its fame by creating a coin called Dogecoin. It has successfully managed to gain the immense popularity by forming its own network of millions of users. It has reached a net worth of about $ 60 million in January 2014, and at $340 million in June 2017. The maximum supply of the Dogecoin is subjected to 100,000,000,000 DOGE.
It was initiated as a joke currency but due to the efficiency in transacting the coins instantly ensured its success. The easy transfer of funds expanded the market of Dogecoin.
Basics of the Dogecoin:
- Founders: Billy Markus
- Total Coin Supply: 100,000,000,000 DOGE
- Date of Introduction: December 8, 2013
- Coins Mined: As at November 2017, over 111 billion coins had been mined
- Algorithm :Scrypt
- Value of Dogecoin against Bitcoin: 0.00000022
- Value of Dogecoin against Dollar: 0. 00086762
What sets Dogecoin apart from the other Crypto- Currencies or prominently a Bitcoin?
The Dogecoin community is a friendly network that has been initiated on a very playful note. Let’s analyze the case of Bitcoin with regard to the Dogecoin and see what exactly sets it apart.
Bitcoin was started with an intention of creating a decentralized currency system, that should serve on the positive grounds like easy and faster fund transfer, low transaction fee so on and so forth. Eventually, with a huge leap in its value and it has become a convenient medium of money laundering, that certainly was not a planned part of the game by its creators.
On the other hand, Dogecoin embarked its journey on a light note, creating a community of fun-loving, easy-going masses. To the amazement, the Dogecoin succeded in the path of gaining immense popularity but its value is left in creeping number which stands at 0.00000022 Dogecoin against a Bitcoin. Consequently, Dogecoin has not drawn the undesired outcome of serving the people in grey shades, like the way it happened in case of Bitcoin.
Apart from it, Dogecoin is also lending active participation in the charitable activities. Doge 4 Water is one such initiative which accepts the donation (in Dogecoin) to raise the money for drinking water in Tana River Basin in Kenya for the construction of well and tanks in water deficient area.
Common FAQ’s on Dogecoin:
- Can Dogecoin be bought from fiat currency?
Yes, (USD and more)
We will keep updating the post with more Dogecoin wallets from time to time. Stay Tuned !!